This project is read-only.

Error while connecting

Oct 27, 2007 at 12:12 PM
Hi

I followed all the steps said in the setup instruction file and when I try to run, I get following error:

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException was unhandled by user code
Message="Security negotiation failed because the remote party did not send back a reply in a timely manner. This may be because the underlying transport connection was aborted."
Source="mscorlib"
StackTrace:
Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Security.IssuanceTokenProviderBase`1.DoNegotiation(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Security.SspiNegotiationTokenProvider.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Security.TlsnegoTokenProvider.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Security.WrapperSecurityCommunicationObject.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Security.CommunicationObjectSecurityTokenProvider.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityUtils.OpenCommunicationObject(ICommunicationObject obj, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityUtils.OpenTokenProviderIfRequired(SecurityTokenProvider tokenProvider, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Security.SymmetricSecurityProtocol.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Security.WrapperSecurityCommunicationObject.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityProtocol.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelFactory`1.ClientSecurityChannel`1.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Security.SecuritySessionSecurityTokenProvider.DoOperation(SecuritySessionOperation operation, EndpointAddress target, Uri via, SecurityToken currentToken, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Security.SecuritySessionSecurityTokenProvider.GetTokenCore(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.IdentityModel.Selectors.SecurityTokenProvider.GetToken(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Security.SecuritySessionClientSettings`1.ClientSecuritySessionChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.CallOpenOnce.System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ICallOnce.Call(ServiceChannel channel, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.CallOnceManager.CallOnce(TimeSpan timeout, CallOnceManager cascade)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EnsureOpened(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)
Exception rethrown at 0:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at EAppointments.UI.ServiceAgents.AppointmentService.IAppointmentService.Find(AppointmentSearchCriteria criteria)
at EAppointments.UI.ServiceAgents.AppointmentService.AppointmentServiceClient.Find(AppointmentSearchCriteria criteria) in C:\Documents and Settings\syed.allam\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\E-Appointments 1.0\Solution\UI\Common\EAppointments.UI.ServiceAgents\Service References\AppointmentService.cs:line 1580
at EAppointments.UI.ServiceAgents.AppointmentServiceAgent.Find(AppointmentSearchCriteria criteria) in C:\Documents and Settings\syed.allam\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\E-Appointments 1.0\Solution\UI\Common\EAppointments.UI.ServiceAgents\AppointmentServiceAgent.cs:line 42
at EAppointments.UI.Modules.AppointmentController.Find(Nullable`1 patientId, Nullable`1 startDateTime, Nullable`1 endDateTime, Int32 status) in C:\Documents and Settings\syed.allam\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\E-Appointments 1.0\Solution\UI\Common\EAppointments.UI.Modules\Appointments\AppointmentController.cs:line 58
at EAppointments.UI.Modules.Views.AppointmentListViewPresenter.OnViewLoaded() in C:\Documents and Settings\syed.allam\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\E-Appointments 1.0\Solution\UI\Common\EAppointments.UI.Modules\Appointments\Views\AppointmentListViewPresenter.cs:line 37
at Appointment_List.BindData() in c:\Documents and Settings\syed.allam\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\E-Appointments 1.0\Solution\UI\Web\EAppointmentsWeb\Appointment\Controls\List.ascx.cs:line 100
at AppointmentList.PageLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Documents and Settings\syed.allam\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\E-Appointments 1.0\Solution\UI\Web\EAppointmentsWeb\Appointment\Controls\List.ascx.cs:line 50
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

plz help me.
Mar 18, 2008 at 5:57 PM
Getting the exact same message. Can anyone help
Mar 25, 2008 at 11:45 AM
Hi

I have not been able to replicate this error on my machine till date after trying out various options. There are couple of things that you could do to give me more details.

1. Verify that the certificates have been properly installed. Refer to the Setup Instructions document for details.
2. Point your browser to http://localhost:24444/EAppointments.BMS.Host/AppointmentService.svc and verify that it is working?

If #2 does not work, do let me know the error message you see.

if #2 does work, you can update the service references in the EAppointments.UI.ServiceAgents project and copy the <System.ServiceModel> section from the app.config generated to the appropriate <System.ServiceModel> section of the web.config file in the EAppointmentsWeb project. This should work.

Let me know what happens. We can take it up from there.

- Rajesh

dpdesi wrote:
Getting the exact same message. Can anyone help

Jan 14, 2009 at 6:42 AM
U have to run BMS Host
Ensure that the hosts are started. For that browse to the EAppointments.BMS.Hosts (Web) project under the Hosts folder, Right Click and Choose "View in Browser".

You can confirm that the host has started by looking for a tray. There should be an ASP.NET Web Development Server icon (port 24444).

That is necessary because WCF need web service to be started and this step starts web service. That's why ServiceModel.CommunicationException comes.
Apr 2, 2009 at 12:29 PM
Getting the same error as the first posting -

"Security negotiation failed because the remote party did not send back a reply in a timely manner. This may be because the underlying transport connection was aborted."

When I type in the following url in the browser - http://localhost:24444/EAppointments.BMS.Host/AppointmentService.svc, I get the following error :

Server Error in '/EAppointments.BMS.Host' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 292:            if (disposing)
Line 293:            {
Line 294:                this._workflowRuntime.Dispose();
Line 295:            }
Line 296:        }

Source File: C:\E-Appointments 1.1\E-Appointments 1.1\Solution\BMS\Source\Service Interface\EAppointments.BMS.ServiceImplementation\AppointmentService.cs    Line: 294

Would be grateful of any help on this.