User Name n Pwd not Validating

Oct 17, 2007 at 5:56 AM
The Login Screen is not validating the username and pwd.what might be the reason?

Cheers!!
Shash
http://shashonline.spaces.live.com
Coordinator
Oct 18, 2007 at 4:24 AM
Shash,

There are a couple of reasons that i can think of that might be causing the problem.
1. The password is p@ssw0rd (notice the "@" instead of 'a' and "0" (zero) instead of 'o' (O for Orange).
2. Ensure that the hosts are started. For that browse to the EAppointments.BMS.Hosts (Web) project under the Hosts folder, Right Click and Choose "View in Browser". You can confirm that the host has started by looking for a tray. There should be an ASP.NET Web Development Server icon (port 24444).

Alternately, you can check that a database with the name "EAppointments" has been created in your SQL database server and it has the relevant tables used by the ASP.NET Membership Provider (aspnetMembership, aspnetUsers etc. - Check out the web cast on Security for more details) and also that the tables have data for the users.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Rajesh
Oct 26, 2010 at 9:25 AM

i got the same issue,

i just downloaded the sample and run the SQL scripts in the scripts folder, also i've added a new record in the user table, 

but no way, the same error "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again"